Quizás te interese consultar ofertas de empleo más recientes.
(a través de LinkedIn)
You will lead the Design Strategy Team. Your team is the driving force of change, responsible for inspiring, representing and implementing design thinking and its methodologies. The Head of Design Strategy is collaborative, creative and handson, with a track record of leading teams and solving complex UX and service design challenges, both internally and externally. You are champion of the human centered design process and love figuring out what people want and how to make it happen.
The Head of Design Strategy is central to BBVA’s UX leadership team in Madrid. This role takes charge of leading stakeholders and teams through the whole journey of transformation and change—setting vision, directing teams and stakeholders, and demonstrating the imagination, accountability and resolve to deliver our best design work.
Craft and Creativity
- Design, direct, and execute user research and design thinking activities, including participatory design sessions, lab studies and/or field studies with customers and potential new users; work with the UX and UI designers to test ideas and prototypes.
- Facilitate key decision-making around customer experience evolution.
- Set the vision for design, imagining and writing the master narrative that puts our work in context of a BBVA’s culture, and direct the steps to enact this vision.
- Master and guide the strategic methodologies of UX design, spanning a variety of tasks and tools, from customer journey mapping to co-creation to information architecture.
- Codify and communicate our team’s strategic approach, ideal internal processes, and deliverables.
- Lead (and create) presentations to executive stakeholders in which you’ll be expected to make business-changing creative recommendations based on customer needs and behaviors, competitive realities, market context, and other variables.
- Evangelize design across multiple stakeholders, convincingly arguing for the prioritization of human-centered design in approaches, budgets and timelines.
- Transform ambiguity into clear and concise direction, and describe design solutions and strategy with excellent written, visual, and verbal communication and presentation skills, with a particular emphasis on bold, impactful storytelling.
- Facilitate conversations and workshops, educating stakeholders and nondesign- focused business partners about design thinking, the design process, and its impact on our business.
Leadership and Education
- Develop a vision for mentoring, educating, and training a variety of users on design’s value and practices, from experienced designers to adjacent internal partners to C-level executives.
- Contribute to the development and growth of the department and discipline by creating tools, frameworks and processes to foster collaboration and design thinking within the Strategy Team and the User
Experience and Design Team
- Cultivate a high-performing, healthy team with authentic communication and continuous coaching.
- Champion BBVA; know and represent our company, its business practices, team members, and processes with passion and expertise.
Desired Skills and Experience
The ideal candidate must have:
- Relentless passion for design and remarkable user experiences.
- Expert knowledge of design thinking and user-centered design methods, with experience teaching these methods and processes in an academic and/or professional environment.
- Proven experience in a design strategy role, focused on bridging gaps between people and physical, digital and service design solutions, for both internal and external challenges.
- Broad experience across design disciplines, with the ability to effectively engage with brand, research, visual design, interaction design, and business design.
- Excellent communication skills, persuasive by nature, yet tactful and diplomatic.
- A strong portfolio with examples of related strategic experience, having achieved success within highly complex, global organizations.
- Fluency in best practices for user research, current technology and design trends.
- 10-15 years of professional experience in design strategy, or a graduate degree and 8+ years of professional experience (MBA, MFA or other advanced studies in Design, Design Strategy, or a closely related field).
- 5+ years managing people
- Superb presentation design skills, with expert use of Keynote, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop and/or other creative software.
- Fluency in Spanish and English, with superb written and verbal skills in both.
- Based in Madrid, with the ability to travel internationally (less than 25%) and interact with our teams and customers in other regions.
- Experience working within the financial sector is a plus.
¿Te interesa esta oferta?
Más información en LinkedIn